Recipe: Awesome Georgia Bulldog Wings Grilled on the Big Green Egg!
This is my favorite wing recipe for the Big Green Egg.
I've outlined all the steps for you, so if this is your first time cooking wings, you know exactly what to do.
NOTE: **Georgia Bulldogs Chimney Cap enhances wing flavor, but that’s just my opinion!**
TIME: Allow about 3 hours from start to finish. You will be busy only the first hour.
1. Get your charcoal grill started.
2. Wash the wings under warm water.
3. Douse the wings with lemon and lime juice on both sides.
4. Sprinkle a little salt and ground pepper on both sides.
5. Prep the grill surface with Pam.
6. Cook on the grill on mild heat (325-350F) until blackish brown between 15 to 30 minutes depending on the heat.NOTE: It’s okay if the wings get a little charred.
7. Remove wings from Big Green Egg and spread on a tray. Cover the top side of the wings with Louisiana's Crystal hot sauce.
8. Sprinkle a few red pepper flakes on top of the hot sauce.
9. Put in the oven for 30 minutes at 325 degrees.
10. Take out the wings and flip them over and repeat with the Crystal and the pepper flakes.
11. Put back in the oven for another 30 minutes at 325 degrees.
12. After 30 minutes, take the wings out and you will notice they are drying out a little. This is what we want.
NOTE: If you want them even hotter/spicier, you can add more hot sauce and red pepper. I usually stop at this point with the hot stuff.
13. Flip the wings a second time and put in the oven again for 30 minutes at 325.
14. Flip the wings a third time. Put in the oven for another 30 minutes. At this point, the wings have been in the oven for a total of 2 hours.
NOTE: You can get away with three turns and they will also be good.....besides, it’s really hard to wait that last 30 minutes! Enjoy!
What's your favorite wing recipe on the Big Green Egg, Kamado Joe or other kamado grill? Have any tips?
Please share in the comments below :)
Recipe from Mark C. in Atlanta.